Thursday, December 24, 2009

India won the ODI series against Srilanka

Centuries from Gautam Gambhir and Virat Kohli helped India defeat Sri Lanka by seven wickets to take an unassailable 3-1 lead in the five-match series.


Gambhir revealed being dismissed cheaply in the previous matches spurred him on to a good knock in the fourth onedayer against SL.

Gambhir scored an unbeaten 150 as India surpassed Sri Lanka's total of 315 for six with just under two overs to spare.
The left-hander added 224 for the third wicket with Virat Kohli (107), who made his maiden ODI century.
Gambhir was run out cheaply in the second ODI and made 32 in the last match, but was pleased with his effort at Eden Gardens.
"I was pretty unfortunate in the last couple of innings but once I crossed the half-century mark here, I kept telling myself to keep going," he said.
"It was important to win this series and I am happy I played a good knock. It was important to build a partnership because we always knew the dew would be a factor on this ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment